Staff Accountant JobFranklin, TN
Back to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Fast Pace Health strives to provide a best in class patient experience in every interaction. We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Staff Accountant to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be deeply committed to nurturing our Fast Pace mission of teamwork, communication, empowerment and quality care in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Fast Pace Health aims to push for a new vision of healthcare in rural communities that will consist of an array of different services. We are changing the delivery of healthcare in these rural areas by integrating excellent patient care, education, accessibility, and community service, in a way that puts the patient’s needs first and improves the health status of our communities.
The Staff Accountant will create and maintain financial records and assist in the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, balance sheet reconciliations, cash postings, general ledger entries, and fixed asset record maintenance. Staff accountants will analyze the financial operations of the company to ensure that reported activity is complete and accurate and provide explanations for variances. This is a fully remote role.
- Prepares journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations for monthly close and year-end close, as assigned, to meet assigned closing deadlines.
- Analyzes budget to actuals reports and trended reports and prepares variance explanations.
- Maintains fixed asset records, updates depreciation schedules, and reconciles fixed asset records to the general ledger.
- Performs treasury duties as assigned, which may include posting cash activity, ordering and maintaining employee credit cards, downloading bank statements, initiating ACH transfers or wires, and other tasks as assigned.
- Performs tax related duties as assigned, which may include sales tax reporting, escheatment, personal property tax reporting, preparing tax related schedules, or other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains and updates accounting records and files as required.
- Prepares audit documents and responds to audit requests as assigned.
- Interacts with management, operations, and clinic staff in a professional and courteous manner to gather necessary accounting information and respond to information requests.
- Must possess the ability to perform analysis and make decisions independently in order to perform critical functions, such as code expenses, making accruals, and classifying fixed assets.
- Must be able to analyze the details of each transaction to determine how to correctly account for the transaction. The level and complexity of the transactions that the accountant is expected to manage will increase from Level 1 to Level 3.
- Must exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to successfully implement new procedures, new reconciliations, accounting for new clinics and new lines of service.
- Maintains an appropriate level of independent thinking and decision making for level of experience.
- Adheres to objectives, operating policies and procedures, and strategic action plans for achieving goals.
- Actively recommends new processes and procedures as needed to improve our overall process.
- The ability to perform the physical, use of senses, cognitive, and environmental functions of the position, as specified on the physical demands.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients, vendors, and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Ability to comply with Company Standards of Operations.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
Additional Essential Functions for Level 1:
- Performs month end close duties for a limited number of clinics, generally smaller, more mature regions or states.
- Compiles financial data in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Works on additional projects of limited complexity.
Additional Essential Functions for Level 2:
- Performs month end close duties for a larger group of clinics or corporate.
- Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
- Works independently, though occasional direction will be necessary in several aspects of the work.
Additional Essential Functions for Level 3:
- Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Performs month end close duties for larger and more complex clinics and initiatives or corporate.
- Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project.
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.