Medical Assistant JobMadisonville, KY
Back to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Fast Pace Health strives to provide a best in class patient experience in every interaction. We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Medical Assistant to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be deeply committed to nurturing our Fast Pace mission of teamwork, communication, empowerment and quality care in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Fast Pace Health aims to push for a new vision of healthcare in rural communities that will consist of an array of different services. We are changing the delivery of healthcare in these rural areas by integrating excellent patient care, education, accessibility, and community service, in a way that puts the patient’s needs first and improves the health status of our communities.
Below, we have provided a high level view of what the role entails, with the complete job description discussed in detail during our interviewing process.
- Maintain behavior that is compliant with Federal and State regulations, guidelines, and requirements including working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms for patient intake
- Triage patients by checking vitals, performing blood draws and giving injections, etc.
- Observe patients, charting, reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Assist with lab testing and phlebotomy.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatment.
- Assist patients utilizing a Virtual Medicine Provider.
- Ensure accurate completion of patient charts in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate on a daily basis.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company, of teamwork, communication, empowerment, quality of care, and friendliness.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Additional Requirements for Centers of Excellence:
- Completes all required preceptor training in order to effectively onboard and train new hires in centers of excellence.
- Engage with Learning and Development to manage onboarding and training of new employees.
- Meet new employees on first day in clinic and facilitate welcome and introductions, facility tours, and clinic process overview.
- Partners with Learning and Development and new hires establish a training plan and review training schedule. Communicates with learning and development as appropriate.
- Submits weekly evaluations on your trainee’s progress to Learning and Development. Communicates training progress or concerns as appropriate to operations leadership and learning and development.
- Completes final evaluation and Proof of Proficiency form and submits to learning and development on final training day.